In the article, we mentioned the importance of remembering to “re-attest” every quarter. Often this means to simply log into the CAQH system (hope you remember your username and password), and confirm that the information within is still accurate.
Not completing this step, might mean that your CAQH status turns delinquent, which could affect your contract with insurance companies.
So, not two days after posting the article about CAQH, we received an email from CAQH titled: “Credentialing Data Review and Attestation Due in 15 Days.” This makes is convenient (as long as you check the email address you registered with CAQH, and as long as your spam filter doesn’t grab the notice before you see it).
Here is the email! (name and provider number changed, of course
Provider Name: SAM COUNSELOR PC
CAQH Provider ID: 1515151
Thank you for participating in the CAQH Universal Provider DataSource! This message is to notify you that you should review your credentialing data in the Universal Provider DataSource, make any necessary updates, and complete a new attestation within the next 15 days. This re-attestation process is designed to ensure that your information is kept up-to-date so participating health plans and other organizations can use it for their credentialing processes, as well as for other purposes such as keeping directories current. We ask that you re-attest three times per year. You can complete this process in a few mouse clicks. If you do not re-attest, many participating organizations may be required to contact you directly for credentialing materials.
To complete the re-attestation process, please follow these steps:
1. Log onto the Online Application System (https://upd.caqh.org/oas) using your Username and Password.
2. Check the Attachments tab to see if any supporting documents (e.g., DEA certificate or proof of professional liability insurance) need to be updated. If so, please be sure to update the appropriate expiration date by going to that section(s), updating the field(s), and click the ‘Audit’ button at the bottom of page.
3. Go to the Audit tab and select Run Audit.
4. Go to the Attest tab, and follow the quick 3-step attestation process to finalize your updates.
- You can always click on the Answer tab to make any additional changes. Just remember to follow the above process afterwards to finalize your edits.
- Be sure to send in any supporting documents (e.g., DEA certificate or proof of professional liability insurance) that need to be updated. You do not need to fax an updated Authorization, Attestation and Release form. For other documents, print a Fax Cover Sheet, attach your updated documents, and fax to (866) 293-0414 (toll free).
For assistance, please contact our toll-free Provider Help Desk at https://firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 599-1771 (Help Desk hours: 7am-9pm ET Monday – Thursday and 7am-7pm ET on Fridays). Please have your CAQH Provider ID available when you call.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please delete the material from any computer.